GATEFOLD CARD WITH BUTTERFLY & DRAGONFLY CLOSURE BY STAMPIN' UP!

February 16, 2017

Hello and welcome back to my blog today.
 I have a magic closing card using Butterfly Detailed Thinlits Dies or Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies and Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!
PAPER:
- Card base: 12'' x 12'' (30,5 x 30,5cm) Peekaboo Peach / Watermelon Wonder Cardstock measure 12'' x 4 1/8'' (30,5 x 10,5 cm) and score on longer side on: 4 3/4'' & 10 5/8'' (12cm & 27cm)
- Card base inside part: Peekaboo Peach / Watermelon Wonder Cardstock measue 5 3/4'' x 4 1/8'' (14,5 x 10,5cm)
- Inside layer Whisper White Cardstock 5 1/2'' x 3 7/8'' (13,9 x 9,7cm)
- Front layerFruit Stand Designer Series Paper: 4 1/2'' x 3 7/8'' (11,7 x 9,7cm)
- Inside layer Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper: 5 1/2'' x 3 7/8'' (13,9 x 9,7cm)
- Sentiment strap: Whisper White Cardstock 1/2'' (1,3cm) wide and as long as you need for any sentiment of your choice.
I used two different stamp sets to stamp my sentiments; the top one is from Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set and the bottom one is from Fresh Fruit Stamp Set, both are Photopolymer Stamp Sets and Basic Black Archival Stampn' PadI added my sentiment using Stampin' Dimensionals
To cut the butterfly and dragonfly I used Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I also used two different thinlits dies, as you can see on the left I used Butterfly Detailed Thinlits Dies
...and on the right Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies. The best way to die cut the butterfly and the dragonfly is use with your Big Shot the Precision Base Plate as is cut perfectly.
To cut the window as you can see on the picture below I used Classic Label Punch
For the butterfly I punch only ones but for the dragonfly I need to punch twice to extend the window to be longer as I wont to see my whole dragonfly.
To give more shining and more dimensions to my cards I added few of the Metallic Sequin Assortment
To put together my cards I used only Multipurpose Liquid Glue as by my opinion it is the stronger adhesive but you can use any adhesive of your choose.
PLEASE WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL
SHOPPING LIST

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

Like us on Facebook